Long day at work, so this post's gonna be short and sweet. :-)
I posted the line art for this piece a little while back, but never got to finish doing everything I wanted to with it. Finally got back to working on it the other day and was able to do pretty much all the graytone work on it. Got to experiment with 3 different types of copic markers. I used cool grays on the monster in back to "push" it into the backgound with the bluish tint. I used a neutral gray on the stone column. Lastly, I used some warm grays on the figure in the foreground in the hopes that the reddish tint would bring the figure forward.
Overall, I was pleased with the experiment. I see parts where I like what I did. Other parts where I will do things differently next time. It was fun to get the pens out - haven't had a chance to do it in a while and I've never used all 3 types on one piece before. Looking forward to getting the pens out again soon.
Oh, and I'm actually not done with this piece yet. This graytone piece is another step in the process towards my final goal with it. Hopefully by next week, I'll have a finished piece to show.